Menu
GATER
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead

Hi, my landline is dead, has been for a long while now. Don't use it often. Previous repairs for same issue were because of water dampnes in lines. Engineer did something at the switchboard to fix. Service Status Test comes back ok on line. It's difficult to be in for Engineer.
Can it be fixed without me at home ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline dead

Hi Gater

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service lately. 

I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you, so I can do that would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? 

You can view this message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the fast response Gater

I've tested the line and we're seeing no errors from our end, have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GATER
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,
I'll try and dig out another phone and test. My house alarm is also tied into the phone line directly and it also shows me a 'line failure' alert. With this and the symptoms being the same as previous faults, I suspect it's an outside issue.
I'll let you know asap once I try another phone.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Gater

If you find no problem with the handset, we'll arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this as soon as possible.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos