Menu
Roger72
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead.

No dialling tone since early today (Wed.18th May). Cannot access it from mobile either! Online test says there is no fault. Any suggestions as to what to do next, as I can't use the 'phone to request an engineer??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline dead.

Hi Roger72 and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear you're landline is dead.

I've managed to run a few checks and although all appears health on my tests I think we'd best get someone out to take look at this for you.

I will send you a private message shortly (purple envelope top right) to arrange this with you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
anthony4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I used broadband to speak to an advisor-odd conversation on the lines of-can I have your mobile number (No I do not have one-why do you need it?)-so the engineer can ring you to make sure you are at home (you have made an appointment so I will be at home) oh-OK!=was with BT for many years and cannot recall ever having this problem-word is that VM have taken on too much-engineers are under pressure to connect new customers and if this causes problems for existing customers-tough!

0 Kudos
Roger72
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

'Problem' has been rectified. Engineer came last Saturday - and agreed that the line was 'dead';then disappeared via the front door, saying he'd be back shortly, arrived back about half an hour later to tell me that a 'junction box' (about a mile away in another road) had been 'vandalised', and (presumably!) my line (along with others?) had been disconnected (cut, severed,merely disconnected?) - and that this was becoming more of a problem these days!

I have to assume that this was a true statement, but it begs the question as to whether the junction box door had been forced open - or whether someone official had not secured the door on a previous visit. Upon the engineer's return, all was working perfectly again. I was told that each individual line was connected at the junction box, so mine could presumably be easily identified (?), but the engineer seemed delightfully vague as to letting me know whether anyone else's lines had been sabotaged!

0 Kudos