Menu
Tuvok
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead

Why are Virgin's phone lines so useless ?  Mine has been dead now for 2 or 3 days, no dial tone. The online test says all is OK - clearly it is not. The line also drops from time to time for a short period, and I always know about that every time because my home alarm system detects the drop and tells me about it. This short term drop hasn't happened for a while now so I thought maybe Virgin have improved, but it seems not, now it is really dead !!

0 Kudos
Tonyaughton
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline dead

Exactly the same and my neighbours Virgin line also down Sk6 area .

website and mobile  phone says no probs with Virgin connection!!

yet me and my next door neighbour are down it also charged me for my mobile ph one call the cheek I will be cola inning when I get my land line back up lol

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Tuvok, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line has not been working for some time, I'd really like to help you out on this. 

I've run some testing on the line, and have detected an issue that will require a technician to call out and investigate further for you. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get the wheels in motion, please look to the top left of this page where you'll find a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Hi there Tonyaughton, 

I'm also sorry to hear that your phone line is not working as it should at the moment, I've replied to you on your other thread. 

Click here to see my reply

Many thanks and apologies once more to you both. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
FrustratedUser3
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problems, no dial tone, phoning into the line gets a continuous engaged tone. Two handsets tested and both suffer the same problems. I have bandwidth problems reported on broadband as well, but I still bet the bill will arrive bang on time with no rebate for not delivering a service!!!! Why is it so difficult to report to your company, have any of your staff tried using these systems to report faults??? Bad customer experience all round.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there FrustratedUser3, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're having with both your phone line and broadband at the moment. 

With regards to the broadband issue, I've done some initial checks, and these did not find any local issue, so I'd have to ask you to make a post on our broadband boards, where one of my colleagues can take a detailed look into your issue.  Click here to see our Broadband Speed boards

I've run some testing on your phone line, and can see an issue which will need a technician to call out and take a look at things, as you've already eliminated the phone from being at fault. I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving with this. Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

We're unable to discuss compensation for loss of service on the forums, due to security issues, however once the service is back up and running, just contact our customer service team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and they will be able to apply a reduction to your bill for the loss of service. 

Many thanks and apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos