Menu
sflinty
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead. Rubbish customer service

My landline has been out of action for about 3 days now. Handset shows 'check phone line'. No dial tone, tried different phone and the same. Inbound calls just ring at the other end but nothing happening at my end. Done the online tests which state there is no fault. 

Booked an engineer, not impressed that the earliest appointment was a week away. 

Yesterday found a message on my VM home page that an engineer was booked for yesterday 0800 to 1600 so stayed in all day, and no-one turned up. Got same message on my home page today, engineer coming today 0800 to 1600. Haven't had an email along those lines. Have to go out at various points today.when I click on the appointments message to perhaps reschedule, it takes me to the service stutus page which says there is nothing wrong.

When I have signed up for new products the engineer arrives within hours. The first time I need a repair, its days. Poor service from VM

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline dead. Rubbish customer service

Hi sflinty,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your landline and also with the online appointment notification system.

I'd like to look into this for you, but I'll need to verify your details. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
djfairweather
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I know this is no help to you but are not alone.  I am in West London and I am having exactly the same experience.  By some coincidence (?) I almost ran over someone at the end of my street as he was putting away some barriers near the VM cabinet.  I didn't think anything of it until I tried to make a call - phone completely dead.  Like you I was given an appointment 6 days away.  However also like you I saw that a visit was booked for yesterday (Saturday 14th)  I too stayed in all day.  I called at 13.05 to check what was going on because I was due to babysit that evening.  I was told by somoeone at the Glasgow call centre to wait in as there would be an engineer by 7pm.  Like you no one turned up and I was not a happy bunny to say the least!  I called this morning as I see that there is yet another 'engineer visit' booked between 8am and 4pm on my account.  I was told 'Oh no, that's just a network check and the one for yesterday is the same. Your visit isn't until 18th'  What is wrong with their system?  Why does it say I am getting a visit when there is no intention of an engineer coming out?

After more calls and complaints - allegedly I am getting a visit today but I am not holding my breath.

I have now run out of minutes on my mobile as I have spent a total of 66 minutes trying to get this resolved.  Does anyone know how to get compensation for something like this?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi sflinty,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your landline and also with the online appointment notification system.

I'd like to look into this for you, but I'll need to verify your details. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi djfairweather,

I'm sorry that you have experienced such difficulties getting your landline fault fixed. I'd like to look into this for you, so I'll need to verify your details.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
JayH
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead. Rubbish customer service

When your landline is dead, how are you supposed to contact Virgin for help?    Am furious I've wasted so much time this Sat.afternoon attempting.

Checked the Test Status 3 times and each time it stopped at 99% and was timed out.  Can you believe it?  Virgin's own status test doesn't work !!!   Eventually husband got thro' on mobile and an engineer is booked for SIX days time.  I don't call this a reasonable service considering what we pay.

JayH
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Top marks, however, to the operator my husband spoke to via mobile call.  Shortly after, husband was texted that there was an area fault which was fixed in a couple of hours.  Original moan still on though !    Additionally, during last week, we had to have a new Hub which is better looking etc. etc. BUT I lost my Wifi ability and could only operate with an ethernet cable.  Via a chatline, a very nice technician spent nearly 50 minutes trying to fix and concluded I needed to take computer to PC World/similar as something was wrong with computer.    This morning (Sunday) husband, who has only touched a computer this last year or so, retrieved Wifi for me, meaning I can now move computer around cordless  !    I'll never live this down now !!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting JayH,

Really sorry for the trouble experienced with your services.

If you experience further issues, you can, of course, let us know via the Forum and we'll be more than happy to help. Smiley Happy

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Peteseeger
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I tend to agree about the rubbish customer service. I have had 2 x service issues in the past 3 weeks. Firstly, my broadband and TV were down and I had to wait over a week to get an engineer out and the attitude of Virgin was putting it mildly , indifferent and uncaring. Today I reported that my landline was dead and I was told I had to wait a week for an engineer. I asked to speak to a senior person at Virgin as I was unhappy with the level of service and customer support I have been receiving. I was told that someone would ring me back in 2 hours - it never happened. I have been with Virgin for over 20 years but I am now looking elsewhere as they no longer appear to care about their customers.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting Peteseeger and sorry to hear about the fault experienced.

We do, however, require for customers to create an individual thread so that we can assist further in a fair manner.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos