Menu
Highlighted
Horses
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline cannot ring out,nothing in either

Landline will not connect in or out.  Every thing normal until you press the call button but no answer.  Same on incoming calls.  This is second time in two weeks.   Last time an engineer was booked,but phone came back to life two days later.  I need this phone for frequent calls to and from Hospitals.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline cannot ring out,nothing in either

Hi Horses

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I'm glad to hear that you've got an engineer appointment organised to get this resolved. 

We don't expect you to pay for a service that's not been working, so when the issue has been resolved, get in touch here and I'll be able to help to make sure that's the case. 

I'd love to hear how it goes on the 12th.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Horses

Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with your telephone service, to continue from our last conversation regarding this issue, have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset on your line or yours on an alternate line? 

If so, we'd love to arrange for someone to come and take a closer look so we can get this issue resolved ASAP.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Horses
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,  Thanks for trying.  The symptoms are exactly the same as last time,and every possible test has been carried out.

On the last occasion an engineer was booked,but three days before he was due the phone was up and running.  This time an engineer has been booked for the 12th Oct,but would not be surprised as the symptoms are the same whether the same will happen again.  If it does it makes a mockery of the constant messages that the line has been tested,and no faults were found.   This is the second time I have had no service for a number of days,but the price stays the same.   Who do I contact for a refund.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Horses

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I'm glad to hear that you've got an engineer appointment organised to get this resolved. 

We don't expect you to pay for a service that's not been working, so when the issue has been resolved, get in touch here and I'll be able to help to make sure that's the case. 

I'd love to hear how it goes on the 12th.

Craig

0 Kudos
Horses
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig.

You asked me to let you know the position after the Engineers visit.  He arrived at 17.00 hours and did a check outside.  He came back and explained the layout of cables outside.   My line crossed the road where it was connected to another property and then along the road to a cabinet.   Something was broken,he did explain.   He repaired the break,came back used the phone and said all OK.   The phone is working normally. A most friendly and knowledgeable young man.

You also said in your mail let you know about downtime with a view to a rebate.   I suffered a total lack of service for 15 days.  Seven on the first occasion and eight on this occasion.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Horses

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm glad to hear the engineer was able to resolve the issue swiftly. 

I've sent you a private message requesting some information so I can make sure you're not paying for a service that isn't working, you can view that message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'l be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos