Menu
RustySparks
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline Phone not working

Hi. My first email on here.

Sunday 22/01/2017 Area Ref 30 Leicestershire

At approximately 08:00am we had a power cut, power returned at approximately 08:40.

Our landline was not working during the power cut and is still not working at 11:17am.

Before privatisation of the phone systems, The GPO. (General Post Office) (for the youngsters) ran large battery backup systems at their telephone exchanges.

This kept the phones working during power cuts.

Can someone explain why my Virgin landline  phone does not work.

I understand this is a common problem in parts of Loughborough, Leicestershire.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Phone not working

Hello RustySparks,

Thanks for posting on the community and I'm sorry to learn you're without a telephone line.

I have run a test on the line and I can see it's being impacted by a fault in the area, you can find out about faults and the estimated fix times here.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RustySparks
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

As I said I'm new here.

And I hope you'll excuse me for saying your reply does not answer my question.

We still did not have a landline connection after 8:00pm last night.

I was looking for a reply from Virgin Media. I came on here as I could not find a direct e-mail address for VM, and I could not phone them on my landline.

I do have a mobile, with E.E. but our signal at home is very poor. If I'm correct VM uses the E.E. equipment so changing my mobile to VM would not help.

What happens in an emergency?

I hope you will excuse the tone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello RustySparks,

Thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately we can not always predict when there's going to be a fault but once we're aware of one then our technicians work as quick as they can to get everything back up and running because we don't want anyone to be without their services. We can only apologise for the inconvenience is causes at the time but again we do work as quick as we can to get it resolved.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems with your landline and I'll investigate it further.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos