Menu
10SecondsMax
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Landline Phone Cuts Out After 10 Secs

My mother is 86 and suffers from Alzheimers. She lives by herself and relies on her landline phone but it now cuts out after about 10 seconds. My sister bought a new phone for her yesterday (23 February) and tried it but it didn't solve the problem. She arranged for an engineer to call but the earliest date for a visit is 3 March.

My mother is incapable of using a mobile phone even though we have tried to get her to use various types in the past, so without her landline she is at risk.

I have tried to contact Virgin Media this morning to obtain information and also to complain. I first tried to check the line using the online facility but that wasn't working. The message said to try again later. I tried to speak to someone but there is no-one available to take calls. I then tried the on-line chat facility but that just said they were busy and I should try again later. I then noticed that there was a link to make complaints but that just quoted the same telephone number that I had already tried and there was no-one to actually speak to and certainly no complaints or speak-to options on the options menu.

Surely a case like my mother's should be taken more seriously and dealt with urgently. A 9 day wait cannot be acceptable. I must say I am also very disappointed with the communication facilities which are shoddy at best.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Phone Cuts Out After 10 Secs

Hello 10SecondsMax,

Thanks for posting about this on the community.

I can certainly check whether any earlier appointments become available but I'll just need to confirm your mothers details first.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos