Menu
emk2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline Never Worked - 3months and counting

I moved into a property which already had virgin media and phone connections late last year. The Broadband and TV is working fine, but phone line appears dead...no sound. I have contacted virgin and I was told signal is OK from their end that I should try another phone. I bought another phone and plugged to virgin socket and I still got the same defeaning silence - no sound. It's roughly 3-months now and I have not used the virgin phone line since installation. I don't even know or have a landline phone number. Trying to contact Virgin via phone is a bit frustrating hence this forum. Virgin still takes money every month even with no phone service. I don't know if I'd made the right decision joining Virgin as my property is equally BT ready. A bit frustrated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Never Worked - 3months and counting

Hi emk2017

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently.

I've located your account to take a closer look at this and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding an appointment in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emeka

Thanks for confirming the appointment and for the contact information.

We'd love to hear how things go and we'll be here should you need any assistance with your service moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
emk2017
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

All went well today. Your Engineers have fixed the problem - it was external and not internal to my home.

Thanks for arranging the Engineers. They arrived within stipulated time and very professional.

One more thing, for the more than three months without phone service, I supposed I should be refunded. I have made direct debit payments every month for the TV/Broadband/Phone bundle but alas the phone service did not function.

Let me know how to go about it.

Regards,
Emeka

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emeka

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that the engineer was able to put this right, I'm glad to hear that. 

As for your bill, we don't expect you to pay for a service you're not receiving and you've let us know about, I've sent you information regarding a credit in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

We'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos