Menu
Michelle68
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Land line

Hi All we have a virgin land line and internet, we have no issues with the Internet but we have constant noise on the phone line, have changed phone and this did not help. We have had an engineer out and it was better for a week or two then back to as bad as it was. It's intermitted as well so sometimes it's fine but these are getting less and less. We don't download any films or games and it's not connected to the phone line engineer confirmed this. Help 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Stythinator
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Land line

Hi there,

Sounds to me like you have intermitted "Noise on the Line" problem. Best thing you can do is call Virgin Media first thing on Monday morning and get an Engineer booked out again to try and resolve this for you. This could be an issue somewhere in the Telephone Line Cabinet which they will be able to pin point if need to be.

You could wait for someone from the Virgin Media Team here to get back to you but that could take a good couple of days

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution.

All Replies
Stythinator
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there,

Sounds to me like you have intermitted "Noise on the Line" problem. Best thing you can do is call Virgin Media first thing on Monday morning and get an Engineer booked out again to try and resolve this for you. This could be an issue somewhere in the Telephone Line Cabinet which they will be able to pin point if need to be.

You could wait for someone from the Virgin Media Team here to get back to you but that could take a good couple of days

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution.
Michelle68
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks will book an engineer tomorrow
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michelle68,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's lovely to see new folks here. I'm sorry to hear that you have had an ongoing problem with noise on your line. 

It's great to see that Stythinator has given you some advice on this issue. Thanks for letting us know that you have already tested with a different phone. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just click the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michelle68,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your phone line, as I haven't received a response from you yet.

If you are still having problems with your phone line and would like for me to arrange an engineer appointment, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos