Menu
sunshine999
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Land line not working

I am writing for my 83 year old mother as my father died a few days ago. In a few hours I fly back to Germany and she will be alone.

The Land line phone stopped working yesterday afternoon 13th Feb. The Virgin Media online test found no problems.

We tried a brand new phone this morning in the socket and still there is no dialing tone.

The help desk said last night that an engineer can come on 20th Feb. This is unacceptable for my mother. She needs the phone for Doctor and Hospital appointments.

Yesterday the help desk said that they would try and get emergency support this morning but we have heard nothing. Can you please urgently help?

I have been on the phone to several people and I am not sure what is happening because of their strong Indian accents. They tried to help but it was very awkward and time consuming to keep asking them to repeat everything.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land line not working

You'll get nowhere with the offshore callcentre.   Try phoning the UK based Retentions Team, they can deal with much more than just retentions.   150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (standard rates) and select the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  Good luck.

Just a further thought, maybe you could buy her a Pay As You Go mobile phone and put some credit on the sim to tide her over until this is sorted.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land line not working

Hi sunshine999

I'm sorry for the problems your mother is experiencing with the phone line at the moment, I can see you're speaking with Rose about this issue and we're looking forward to getting this resolved.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos