Menu
jane5
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

LANDLINE PHONE

My phone appears to be dead but if someone rings in, it does go to voicemail.  However, there is no dial tone and I cannot send or receive calls.  I have changed my phone and it is the same on both.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: LANDLINE PHONE

Hi there jane5, 

I'd like to start by welcoming you to our forums and say that I'm really sorry to learn that you've been experiencing some problems with your phone line having no dial tone. 

I've done some testing on the line and can see no reason why you should be experiencing this fault at the moment. As you've already tried another phone, I think it's best to arrange someone to call out and take a closer look at things for you. 

I'll send you a private message in order to set the wheels in motion, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a blue envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jane5,

I'm just checking back with you as we haven't had a response from you regarding the problem with your landline that you reported on Monday.

If you would like us to investigate this further, please let us know.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
billt4g
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,

I seem to having the same problem as Jane5. No dial tone (Just crackling). Ran the service status check, but this said there was no problem. However if I call from my mobile (to test line) it rings 3 times (I dont pick-up the landline) and it then hangs up.

I have changed the handset batteries and checked the socket, but don't have another phone to pug in.

Help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi billt4g,

Thank you for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your landline isn't working and that you have no dial tone.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing on your line and can see an issue. We need to verify that this isn't being caused by faulty equipment plugged into your line, so please complete the following checks and get back to me:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue? (E.g. no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

Once these checks have been done, and if you are still experiencing this issue, please respond to the private message I have sent to arrange an engineer. If your phone is causing the fault, you could be charged for the call-out, so we want to make sure this isn't the case before booking the engineer.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi billt4g,

I'm just checking back with you as I haven't received a response about booking an appointment from you yet.

Please let me know if you would like for us to investigate this issue further.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
billt4g
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri_P Yes, I still have my landline problem. So I would like to book an engineer. How can I do this?.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi billt4g

Thanks for getting back to us, I'd like to help get that appointment arranged.

I've sent you information regarding it in a private message, you can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos