Menu
Jeni
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Just a rant

I know no-one on here can help - but I just need to vent my frustration! I have just called customer service as we have an 0845 telephone number charged to our account and we were told previously that these are included in our package.  This happened previously in July and was promptly refunded in August.  So I explained again to the rep on the phone and he asked me for my password - none I had were right; apparently I should have a separate one for telephone service.  He can see the phone number that I have given him on the bill, agrees we have been charged the amount I have given him - but cannot do anything without this password.  So nothing can be emailed to me to activate as with lots of other services/payments if you forget your password online.  It has to come out by post!  At Christmas peak post time when everything is delayed anyway. We went round and round in circles but the "computer says no"

Are you really a communications company VirginMedia?

Sorry everyone, rant over - I feel marginally but only marginally better now.

0 Kudos
Jeni
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just a rant

Just as an add-on: having looked at other people's posts, I thought why not try again with the "I'm thinking of leaving" people.  So helpful man there  = problem solved. Why should you make it so difficult VM, when obviously it is easily solvable?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just a rant

Hi Jeni

I appreciate that you have had a difficult time on the original call and really do apologise about that. It does seem unfair when the second agent you spoke to has been able to support you.

We are bound by the strict regulations imposed upon us to ensure privacy is protected at all times and if the main account holder cannot remember their own password we are able to ask 2 security questions to then clear this to reset the password for you.

If at that point security is still not able to be cleared, we would then have to send out security confirmation in the post.

I'm glad the person you subsequently spoke to was able to clear security with you in a way that enabled them to resolve this issue for you.

Please pop back to us if you need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos