Menu
burubabu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Its been over 4 months and I am still waiting for my phone line to be installed

I signed up for the broadband and phone line bundle in May and had to wait until July before my broadband and phone line was installed (due to the busy schedule in the area). During the same installation, they phone line couldn't be installed, the technician said that a new line needed to be pulled to connect the phone line and that they will arrange for someone to do that prior the next technician visit a month later.

One month later they called to tell me that someone had visited the property and that there was an issue, and a new line needed to be pulled and that my phone line installation would have to be pushed back another month.

(The new line pull doesn't require access to my flat, so can be done without me being in)

So on Saturday, a technician came to my property and there was no line outside the flat for him to connect the phone line. He then called his manager, and was told it will take another month (saying that there were no notes on my account from the previous technician), but he said I shouldn't have to wait a month and that he would call me back within 20minutes to fast track, and guess what- he didn't call back.

I have called virgin again today to arrange for a credit on my account AGAIN! as I am currently being charged every month for the phone line even though it hasn't been installed. I was then transferred to the pre-installation team who then transferred me to the construction team, who then told me there are no notes on my account and that they would call me back today, or maybe tomorrow?

If they don't need to access my flat to install the line outside, what is taking them so long?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
twin--turbo
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Its been over 4 months and I am still waiting for my phone line to be installed

"Nick" should be called to account by service delivery managers.

It's one thing to be unable to deliver a product, but to ignore the customer and not make proper contact and deliver a real achievable time scale is unacceptable in my opinion.

The team here are saying the same thing over and over and no progress has been made what so ever which is shameful of VM.

Why not PM the customer "Nicks" e-mail address and they can see if they can elicit a direct response from him!

TT

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Its been over 4 months and I am still waiting for my phone line to be installed

Hi burubabu

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line.

I'm glad to hear that the construction team are involved and I'd love to hear how that goes, if you need me to chase this up or if the team don't get back to you shortly, let me know and I'll chase this up for you.

This level of service really isn't what we want for you, so I really hope we can get this resolved very soon. Either way, I'll be keeping my eye on things from our end and I'll be here should you need any assistance.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
burubabu
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, I still haven't heard back from Virgin yet.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi there burubabu,

Thanks for getting back to us regarding this.

I've located your account and I can see that this has been escalated to the area field manager.

They have made investigations today regarding this and you should receive an update shortly.

I will check in with you again tomorrow to ensure this is the case. If not, I will look to contact the area field manager directly to discuss.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi again burubabu,

I have chased this with the construction team and they have advised that no further work is required with them.

This will indeed require some chasing up via the area field manager to investigate further. As mentioned previously, I am already aware that they are involved with this, however, I would like to obtain some information from you, which I think will help speed things up with them even more.

I have sent you a private message for us to chat about this some more.

You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon, near the top right corner of the Community page.

Catch you in a bit,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi burubabu,

Just heard back from Chris, the area field manager and he has passed this case on to a chap called Nick, who will go ahead and arrange for this work to be completed. You should hear from him soon. Smiley Happy

Let me know if you have any further queries.

I'll make sure to update you if I hear anything more.

Thanks,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
burubabu
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Nat for following this up.

I look forward to hearing from Nick and having my phone line installed. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all burubabu! Smiley Happy

I also look forward to this.

Thank you, would be great to hear if this gets sorted for you soon.

Catch you in a bit,

Nat.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi there burubabu,

I hope that you have heard from Nick regarding this.

Please let me know if you'd like for me to chase anything up with the team.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
burubabu
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

Someone came to the flat (my sister was home) and had a look, but then left and said they would be in contact. I have not heard anything.

Please could you chase.

Many thanks

0 Kudos