Menu
dhilm001
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Itemised billing of free numbers

Hi,

I'm in a middle of a case which the Financial Ombudsman is investigating. As part of this they need evidence of calls I've made.

No problem with my mobile phone bill (with another company) providing itemised billing. But for some reason Virgin Media does not show anything on my bills? I've only just become aware of this over the past few days since I checked my bills. I've called your team twice about this. The first time I was told they would activate itemised calling of all calls (again news to me this would not be available before) and I would be able to access all calls from Dec 15 and Jan 15 - the two months where I need to prove calls made for the FO.

Logged in today and no calls visible. I called again and this time the rep told me - rather rudely - that they would not provide itemised calls at all and why would I need records of calls to free numbers anyway (?!?!). I asked to be put through to a manager and he refused, saying he 'knew what he was talking about and managers are too busy to talk to people like me'! I'm amazed at how arrogant and rude this guy was - not even listening to the fact that this is an important matter as I need records for a case! Never mind the lies I was told on the first call.

Thanks VM - great customer service. I shouldn't even need to chase something like this up - it should just be available by default.

Can someone here please help me to obtain records of calls made in Dec 15 and Jan 16 please? I'd also like to complain about the incredibly poor levels of customer service so far.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Itemised billing of free numbers

Hi dhilm001,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding the problem accessing your itemised billing. I'm sorry to hear that you have had such difficulties when calling in to request your billing details. I will certainly pass on your feedback regarding this.

The agent you spoke to was correct in advising that any calls made within your call package inclusive call period will not show on your bill, as only itemised calls that are chargeable will be shown.

I have tried to order you an email copies of the bills you need, but due to system issues, this is unavailable at this time. Are you able to log onto your account via online and view your bills? You can print these bills out if required and as these are the same details that we have access to here. When you log onto your account and if you have an option to click on view charges, then there will be itemised call charges on the bill. If there is no option and the amount shows 0.00 then there will not be any call charges to show on the bill. The same will show on our system here.

Virgin Media wouldn't be able to confer with a third party in order to give account details unless you gave your permission for someone to do so and gave them your account details and the security word in order to verify security on your account. This is something that we do not recommend for our customer's account security.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
dhilm001
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone help me with these queries please?

0 Kudos
dhilm001
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If necessary I can ask the FO to call VM directly for evidence of calls made?! But I need a contact number and name for someone a lot less rude than the average VM customer service rep.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dhilm001,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding the problem accessing your itemised billing. I'm sorry to hear that you have had such difficulties when calling in to request your billing details. I will certainly pass on your feedback regarding this.

The agent you spoke to was correct in advising that any calls made within your call package inclusive call period will not show on your bill, as only itemised calls that are chargeable will be shown.

I have tried to order you an email copies of the bills you need, but due to system issues, this is unavailable at this time. Are you able to log onto your account via online and view your bills? You can print these bills out if required and as these are the same details that we have access to here. When you log onto your account and if you have an option to click on view charges, then there will be itemised call charges on the bill. If there is no option and the amount shows 0.00 then there will not be any call charges to show on the bill. The same will show on our system here.

Virgin Media wouldn't be able to confer with a third party in order to give account details unless you gave your permission for someone to do so and gave them your account details and the security word in order to verify security on your account. This is something that we do not recommend for our customer's account security.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nbcaldon
Superfast
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have just been told by VM Customer Services, that if I can have all calls that are charged outside my package itemised.

However, if I want evidence of any calls that are included in my package, I will have to apply through the Court.

Unbelievable.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You may find the linked page helpful:

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/

The request you need to make is similar to requesting information under the Freedom of Information act. Be warned that the information you request must be very precise, & the process can be very long winded.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

dhilm001
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Thanks for your email. I didn't get a reply notification, hence why my reply has been delayed - and I have just spent another frustrating morning on Twitter this time to VM customer services :/

To answr your question, no copies of online bills were available when I logged in either and I doubt the system is even working still. I can check it but as I say, I doubt it will work.

My main issue now is - and again I have just been told this by VM after nearly a week of chasing - that they cannot release a call to an 0800 number Smiley Sad This is really frustrating as the Financial Ombudsman has asked me to prove/show when I called an 0800 number. If I had known VM would not record this number I would never have called it from our landline :'(

I would have used my mobile instead!

Are there no special circumstances that can be allowed for in the case of a regulator investigating? I have offered for the FO to contact you on my behalf to prove I called the number - and it's not a sensitive number, it's to a bank. I'm happy to give them permission to contact you for this. It just seems crazy as I had no idea this would be such an issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks!

0 Kudos
dhilm001
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This sounds interesting. Would VM then have to release the record of a call to a non sensitive 0800 number? 

I can be very precise as I know exactly when I called it Smiley Happy And I'm sure the Financial Ombudsman can be patient.

0 Kudos
bedy1
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi dhim001,

Read with interest your comments. I too have just had the same battle with Virgin.

Reason for viewing, as yours, confirmation of telephone calls. Surprise, surprise, the same pattern

of reply. No 1 call, blunt but courteous reply that the system did not exist. No 2 call, polite lady, after long

conversation finally agreed that she could read the calls made, so should myself. My Bill did not show one call.

Then decided that only the extra charge calls could be shown. However, all not lost, this member of staff said that a copy

could be forwarded by Royal Mail, Yes, this did arrive, two day time frame, one catch, also an Invoice for £2.00 added to next

billing date. Last night, tried again late, 9.25pm. Thinking that life maybe slow and in for a better answer. No chance, 35mins of

slow passage, no firm answer, except to write to Virgin Head Office, nobody or section known, but may get back to member of

staff No 2, who had the initiative to place a reference number and single name on to note of Billing.

We shall write in grand hope of a decent reasonable reply

bedy1

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dhilm001
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I came to the conclusion that even bothering to contact VM is a massive waste of time.

Hardly anyone knows what they're talking about - and it's usually rare to speak to anyone with manners/decent customer service skills.

In fact as soon as I have time I'll complain at the level of rudeness exhibited. I was honestly taken aback by it. Who needs to be spoken to badly, when they are just making a reasonable enquiry?! And this was consistent across phone and Twitter channels. The reps on this forum are not rude at all but that is really a rarity. Not even Sky were this rude - in fact they were miles better in terms of speaking reasonably.

I'm appalled that VM are getting away with this type of shoddy behaviour - and charging us for the privilege. 

0 Kudos