Menu
rodentbasket
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is a call to 150 still free?

I assume that calls to 150 are still free and will remain so.

But why is this no longer stated anywhere? It does not seem to appear in

http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/compare-fibre-optic/index.html?buspart=cablecall_02 or virginmedia/callcosts or the documents linked from there. On the face of it, connection charges apply. I did eventually find "call our team for free on 150" (awful grammer) buried in the small print hidden in a menu for "Number transfer". Why is the 150 cost not prominently displayed in the obvious place?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is a call to 150 still free?

Hi rodentbasket,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you found it difficult to find the information you were looking for online regarding if 150 is a Freephone number or not.

150 is a Freephone number when dialled from a Virgin Media landline and mobile.

I see what you mean when going to the obvious place on our Help pages - Contact Us - Call Us, it states to ring 150 but doesn't verify that calling that number from a Virgin Media line or mobile is free. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I'll certainly pass this on as we do take on board your feedback and always looking to improve the way we do things.

Kind regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
EM66
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This post is a year old and the fix still hasn't been actioned. No point giving feedback, you saying you'll pass it on etc., if nothing happens.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi EM66,

Thanks for your post on the Forum and a warm welcome to the Community. We do take on board customer feedback and if you go onto our Help & Support page and click on Contact Us (also found at the very bottom of this page) and then choose the applicable options for Choose a topic and Tell us more then choose Call us, you will see our contact numbers clearly displayed along with a link to check the call charges for a Virgin Media home phone.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
pmfrench
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to add that whilst I see your link, looking over the document I couldn't get the confirmation that dialling 150 from Virgin Landline is still free (regardless of the package) hence how I found this thread.  Presuming 150 is still free (I'm a brand new customer with some issues that I need to discuss and Live Chat seems to be rammed)

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dialing 150 is free if you are phoning on a Virgin Media landline. If it is your VM landline or you use a neighbours VM landline it's free

'Your VM landline' means you have a package which includes line rental from Virgin Media. 

0 Kudos