Menu
Si_Underwood
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet and phone issues

I have 2 issues with my service. My Internet goes down twenty times a day, won't let me connect a gaming console to it and if I try to connect more than one device to it it has a mental breakdown and stops working. My second issue is that my phone has never worked. I have tried to email Virgin to complain as I can not ring them from a land line as I don't have one (although I have been paying for this service since December). I am at the end of my tether and have zero faith in Virgin and their services. I just want out of this hellish contract! My new job requires me to work from home, but I can not do this with such an unreliable service. I need my faith restored please Virgin!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet and phone issues

Hi Si_Underwood,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Broadband and Landline services, I'd like to help get this sorted for you.

Regarding the Landline, I have done a line status check and all looks ok from here so far.  Can you please let me know if you have tried  another handset in the line to rule out a possible handset issue?  Or alternatively if oyu don't have a spare handset, try your handset in another working line.

In relation to your Broadband, we have an awesome team who can carry out some checks for you here: QuickStart, set up and connections.  Give them a shout and I'm sure we can find out what's going on and resolve the Broadband issues there.

If you can let me know if you have checked another handset, I can help you further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Si_Underwood
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette.

Thank you for getting back to me. I had another phone, and had the issue, so I bought this new phone. Unfortunately I still have the issue.

I will contact the other team for the Internet issue.

Kind Regards
Simon Underwood
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

In that case I will arrange for an engineer to call round and check the line out for you.

I will send you a private message with further details, look for the envelope icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Si_Underwood
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette 

I thought I would give you an update on the phone issue. 

The engineer came out today and called us before he arrived, so he had fixed it from the street. Turns out the service was never switched on. This means that I have been overpaying,  as I was never receiving the service right? I guess I will have to phone CS to resolve that. Oh the joy!

I just wanted to say thank you for your help with this matter, my phone is now working, and I am almost happy! Smiley Happy Just the green arrows on my hub now

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm so pleased to hear your Landline is working now for you finally.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.  If you give our team a call on 150 Free from your now working Virgin Landline we can sort out the cost of the Landline for you.

I hope all goes well with the Broadband as well.  All the best.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos