Menu
TurboTel
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

International call

I never answer international call as they turn out to be nuisance calls, I had such a call this morning it went to answer phone but still kept on ringing, when I did answer it all I could hear was, like a machine clicking, every time I put the phone back in the cradle it keeps ringing, I have had to unplug the phone. It appears I am permanently connected to this number, any thoughts?

Tel

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: International call

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm really glad it's all working again and apologies that its taken this long to get it fixed.

Any further problems just let me know.

All the best Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi TurboTel

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone at the moment, if you disconnect the phone at the wall and plug it back in, does that clear the call? 

I've located your account to run some tests on the line from our end, we're seeing the line in an idle state at the moment so I hope that means you're able to use the line as you want? Man Happy

If that's not the case, get in touch and we'll do what we can get this issue resolved. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TurboTel
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, thanks for getting back to me, I still have the same problem, I called virgin media and arranged for an engineer to visit, I have done a couple of checks myself, I have bypassed the telephone extension cable and plugged the phone directly into the wall socket but it's still the same, also I purchased a cheap handset but I still have the same problem with that, so it's not my equipment, I will wait now and see what the engineer says. I will keep you informed.

Tel

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to keep me updated tel, apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing. 

We'd love to hear how the appointment goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward. 

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
TurboTel
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, just to let you know the engineer cleared the fault on my line and all is well.....almost, I subscribe to caller ID in my package and prior to this problem all was working ok, since then all that shows is "incoming call" when my phone rings, is there any way I can find out if caller ID is still activated on my line?

Tel

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tel

Good news about the line working at the moment, I've checked your account and can confirm that caller display is still active from our end.

When you're using the phone are you detecting any noise or interference on the line? That could cause the caller display not to work. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
TurboTel
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, sorry for not getting back sooner, in answer to your question, no I do not have any noise on the line, I still have no caller ID, I have been looking on the forum pages with people with the same problem and it appears there are several different settings for ID to work, I am wondering that when the engineer cleared the fault on my line a couple of weeks ago it did something to my ID settings as this was when the problem began.

Tel

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

HI Tel

Thanks for the response, sorry again for the problems you're experiencing. Do you have more than one handset at home that's able to view Caller ID information? As the most common resolution for these types of issue is to change some settings with the handset. 

If you've tried that, let me know and I'll look to escalate this from our end for you.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
TurboTel
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

I have a triple phone system, I have checked the other units and they are all set to receive caller ID, hope this helps. 

Tel

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tel

Thanks for getting back to me, we're not detecting any errors from our end still but I've requested that a member of our back office team take a closer look at this for you.

As soon as we've got more information I'll be in touch. 

Craig

0 Kudos