Menu
Cjm2069
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent fault on phone line

Problem started several months ago and has being reported and checked by virgin and a number of occasions. When somebody rings my parents on their virgin landline you hear the phone start to ring then just goes to static, at my parents end the phone rings twice then stops if they pick up the hand set the line is clear as if the other phone has hung up. If my parents phone out all is fine for several minutes then the line starts to degrade  until it becomes impossible  to hear. Every time a virgin engineer has visited the problem has stopped for a few weeks before returning, the master socket in the house and the phone itself have being replaced but the problem is back. Any suggestions  as to where to go next would be welcome because  virgin don't  seem to be interested in solving the issue  so would like to be able to point them in what is possibly the right direction. If not as my parents need a reliable  phone will have to look into moving to bt.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent fault on phone line

Hello Cjm2069,

Welcome to the community.

From the description you have given this sounds like a fault that one of our engineers would need to investigate. I understand that they have already been out but this is not something we wouldn't be able to resolve from here so I would like to arrange for another engineer to take a closer look at this.

Before I can do this I'm just going to need a couple more details from you so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Cjm2069
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So the latest on this fault is that following another visit the master socket has being replaced for the second time because water has gotten  into it, the engineerer didn't care how the water go into the master socket given that there is no damp or signs of water around the socket but did say summers coming so it will rain less which suggests that he thinks the water is coming in via the cable. When I looked outside where the cable comes through the wall there is no grommet or seal so I think the water is getting in here, so I am going to seal around the cable and hope that the problem will be solved by me not virgin who really need to work on their customer service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cjm2069

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear that the engineer has taken another look at this, I hope that means the line is working as it should at the moment? 

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos