Menu
leelee26
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittant dial tone

Hi,

Please could somebody from Virgin check my home phone line. I have an intermittent dial tone, but I don't believe it's anything related to voicemail because I've had this intermittent dial tone for probably over 2 years or so now.

Also please could you check my phone line for any other problems because I seem to be having trouble with my phone not making a dialling noise when I press the buttons, but this may be caused by the handset lol.

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittant dial tone

Hello leelee26,

Welcome to the community.

Can I just check whether you've tried to dial 1571 from your home phone before? Also regarding the dialling noise do you have a dial tone when you pick up the phone? If it's just not making a noise when you press the buttons it may be your handset so it's always worth plugging a different phone into the Virgin socket to see whether this makes a difference.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
leelee26
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"Can I just check whether you've tried to dial 1571 from your home phone before?"

Yes I have dialled 1571 and it says no new messages.

"Also regarding the dialling noise do you have a dial tone when you pick up the phone?"

I have a dial tone when I pick up the phone but there are slight gaps in the tone.

The tone itself remains constant for approx 2 seconds followed by 3 slight gaps and the repeats.

The other problem with pressing the buttons looks to be the handset as my other phone doesn't do it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again leelee26,

Okay so I have changed a couple of settings on the switch so can you check your landline again for me please to let me know if you have a normal dial tone back?

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
leelee26
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep, that's done the trick. The dial tone is back to normal now.

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's great I'm glad to hear it's back to normal for you.

Any further issues just let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos