Menu
hermano
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Incredibly rude and dangerous treatment of a disabled lifeline customer

We have been Virgin customers for over a decade. 

We have had relatively few problems with the service but we have recently had some issues. We have been met with incredibly rude, unhelpful staff with a dangerous attitude.

My mother is registered disabled at 70 years old, she has breathing and mobility issues and we need the home phone line working as a priority. She also recently had a stroke and is in the high risk group for re-occurrence. We have filled out the lifeline form and should have access to same day repairs - circa sent towards the end of last year.

However, we recently had a phone issue on 23rd Feb. We have been told that the soonest an engineer can come out is on the 7th of March. The staff said they can not find the form on their system so there is nothing they can do about it as we have used our one grace period.

The staff flat out refuse to help. I also contacted the twitter customer service who basically shrugged and said nothing else they can do - just wait until the 7th. This is so reckless and dangerous. The replies are so laissez faire it is unbelievable and dangerous. I have basically been told we can't do anything just wait two weeks and if anything happens it isn't our issue.  My mother needs access to the phone.

To make matters worse we have two times now been promised a same day call out after our constant phone calls. When no one turns up and we check why they say the form has been rejected because there is no lifeline form registered. Even though we filled this in and sent it back. 

They say the only option is to send another form out, fill in and send back. This will take circa two weeks and is not a viable option. It is actually quite insulting.

We have made over 20 phone calls, averaging between 20-30 minutes to try and resolve this issue. It is becoming incredibly costly and no one is helping us.

0 Kudos
Arial1968
Just joined
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incredibly rude and dangerous treatment of a disabled lifeline customer

This is a regulated service and as your complaint has not been resolved at all by Virgin you should log a complaint with OFCOM on 0300 123 3333 or 020 7981 3040 as Virgin are clearly not taking their legal responsibilities seriously.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incredibly rude and dangerous treatment of a disabled lifeline customer

Hi hermano, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community even though your experience has been less than perfect for the time being. Smiley Sad

Checking the account I can see since posting, an engineer has been arranged and should be on site with you today. 

I understand it's frustrating when we're not able to get an engineer out to you as soon as possible however there are certain processes in place to ensure all customers are treated fairly. 

In the case of a lifeline customer, if we have no signed form on file then any attempts for us to bring the appointment forward fail. If you haven't already, make sure you fill out the form again and send it back to us so if this happens again, we will have the form. 

I hope the engineer appointment goes well and someone will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your complaint Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos