Menu
Kainz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Incoming calls don't trigger ringer, outgoing calls are fine (HA3)

Dear All,

I have just been made aware of an issue that we've probably had since Monday 10th October.

We have just two phones connecting to our landline, which is on the Talk Weekends tariff.

A friend just rang us to state that she had been trying to ring us for days. When I rang our landline via my mobile I was hearing the ringtone just fine on my mobile but the landline ringer was not triggering. Upon picking up the landline handset I could hear my voice perfectly clear - so the landline itself is allowing incoming audio if you will but isn't ringing.

I then grabbed a old backup corded phone and plugged that in to the exact same effect. Fyi outgoing calls are fine and when I switch on the landline on the handset there is a ringtone. I have checked the service status checker, which shows no fault and did a landline test which showed everything as ok.

I just tried to book an engineer and the webpage for that seems broke so I thought I'd post here to see if I can get some help.

Edit: I should state that I had rang up Virgin Media on Monday morning to renegotiate my existing package due to the price increase. Our phone line though remained unchanged during this.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Incoming calls don't trigger ringer, outgoing calls are fine (HA3)

Hi Kainz

I'm so sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your phone service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this and run some tests on the line. We're not detecting any immediate errors at the moment although as you've tested the handset already, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kainz

I'm so sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your phone service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this and run some tests on the line. We're not detecting any immediate errors at the moment although as you've tested the handset already, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Kainz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Just sent you a PM reply. Thanks for the quick reply, appreciated.
0 Kudos
Kainz
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

double post

0 Kudos
ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was getting a similar problem, outgoing calls fine, certain incoming calls were not coming through, I moved the wires in the brown box and so far they are working ok. just waiting on a private message to be dealt with.

0 Kudos
Kainz
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to say that this annoyingly got resolved automatically...just as a booked engineer arrived this morning. Thanks to Craig for assisting there.

We'd been with a partially working landline since last Saturday at a guess. Then yesterday evening on the way home, I rang the landline and surprisingly my mother answered (so obviously it was ringing). Then of course the engineer arrived this morning only to find he had nothing to do! Not sure how the issue automatically resolved itself lol.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us about this Kainz,

Glad to hear that this has been resolved, although it is indeed a strange one as to why this resolved itself.

I'll make sure to pass your thanks on to Craig.

Please get back to us if there is anything more that we can do to help.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know