Menu
Linda999111
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Import BT landline number to virgin phone

I was told by virgin when I organised my change over from BT that I needed ask BT to export my number. I called BT and they said virgin needs to ask for it they do not export it.
What do I need to do? If anything.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Linda999111
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Import BT landline number to virgin phone

Thanks the guy who set the contract up did keep going to ask for advice so perhaps he got confused. 🤔
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This should only apply to mobile numbers. With Landline porting the new provider does the whole thing (including cancelling your landline with your existing provider).

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Linda999111
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks the guy who set the contract up did keep going to ask for advice so perhaps he got confused. 🤔
0 Kudos
Goldencelt
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I signed up to Virgin on 31st January and since that time i have been trying to get my BT number transferred to Virgin! I have made dozens of calls,  had engineers visits, heard them again arrange the transfer for 3rd time, yet i still have not got my original number! Wrote to Virgin Chairman/MD Tom Mockridge and James Mooney by registered post for help, but both ignored my letters! Virgin customer service sucks!

0 Kudos
Goldencelt
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I also was told Virgin did all the transfer paperwork and 'not to worry about anything'!!

Yet, here I am 10 weeks later, with my number not transferred despite 9 calls to Virgin, 2 engineer visits who tell me ' nothing is wrong, but the line transfer dept have not yet asked BT to transfer the line'! I am paying Virgin for internet (which is a good service) and for a landline phone, plus I am paying BT line rental for 3rd month now for same numbe4, as line still not transferred! I wrote BT Chairman as you can see in my post below, no reply! I wm now pulling my hair out with frustration......can anyone help me?

0 Kudos