Menu
joyetheridge
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have talk unlimited and yet I am still being charged for calls

I have talk unlimited and yet I am still being charged for calls. I do not know how to challenge this. I have not phoned any numbers that would attract an extra charges

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have talk unlimited and yet I am still being charged for calls

joyetheridge wrote:

I have talk unlimited and yet I am still being charged for calls. I do not know how to challenge this. I have not phoned any numbers that would attract an extra charges

Did you let your calls go on for over an hour? Inclusive as the inclusive calls are (naturally) - you need to hang up at the 59 minute mark and redial, to avoid being charged.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
joyetheridge
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for advice. No I don't have calls that go on for over an hour.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

joyetheridge wrote:

Hi, thanks for advice. No I don't have calls that go on for over an hour.

OK, good.

This page (scroll down) covers some cost details: http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/compare-fibre-optic/index.html and this PDF covers call cost in a great a mount of detail: http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/010715_Everyday_Call_Charges_V1.pdf

Compare the calls in your bill that were listed as chargeable against this info. If it all checks out the calls you were charged for should be inclusive and never overran the hour mark, then you can confidently discuss it with VM and ask for a credit/refund regarding those charges. By calling into 150 then go with option 1 (Billing) -> option 5 (All billing related queries.)

You can also query it via the Contact Us page between 8AM to 8PM from a desktop or laptop device: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ -> Account and Billing -> My Broadband, TV and Home phone bill. Click Chat Online. It may say all agents are busy, if so, wait for a chat prompt to show and run with that or refresh the window every couple of minutes to check again.

Those are the two options to go with as billing matters aren't dealt with via the community (due to the DPA.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to clarify, XL (Talk Unlimited) includes:

01, 02 & 03 numbers (Mainland UK & NI only, not Channel Isles or Isle of Man)

0870 numbers

Active Virgin Mobile numbers.

If you have called anything other than the above (apart from freephone numbers) or the call is more than 60 minutes, you will be charged.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi joyetheridge

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

You've had some fantastic help already  from our community and Superusers Smiley Happy 

In order to check that you have not been charged for any of the calls that are part of your current call plan, Talk Unlimited, you can take a look at your unbilled and recently billed  calls via My Virgin Media  here, or by giving our team a call on 150  or 0345 454 111 as for security reasons we are unable discuss billing via the forums.

The calls that are free as part of that plan have been advised by @nodrogd above and that information given is totally up to date Smiley Happy

If there's anything else I can look at helping with then please let me know Smiley Happy

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
oigle
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

my dictionary says, Unlimited: 'not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent'

So how does a contract that says you have to hang up @ 60mins qualify. Surely VM are in breach..

0 Kudos