Menu
Kath
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have no landline rang virgin yesterday said fault either in or outside, no help untill Monday. We

We wouldn't have landline if wasn't needed, everyone hasn't a mobile

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ike1402
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have no landline rang virgin yesterday said fault either in or outside, no help untill Monday. We

Yes i have just found out we dont have a phone line either. Trying to go through fault finder but its says all ok.
0 Kudos

All Replies
ike1402
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have no landline rang virgin yesterday said fault either in or outside, no help untill Monday. We

Yes i have just found out we dont have a phone line either. Trying to go through fault finder but its says all ok.
0 Kudos
petertaylor
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So you called on Saturday, and were offered an engineer on Monday? 

Whats the problem with that? 

Quite a good service from where I'm standing.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thats really good someone is out next working day

0 Kudos
Sandrah
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Mines down as well, this is the 5th time in as many weeks, I'm getting pretty tired of this!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have no landline rang virgin yesterday said fault either in or outside, no help untill Mond...

Hi Kath,

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment, I do understand how inconvenient this must be for you. Thank you for letting me know that you've been able to arrange a technician's visit for today. Please keep us in the loop on how this all goes for you. 

Hi there ike1402, 

Apologies that your line is also having an issue, I've done some testing on your line and can see no reason why your line should not be working at the moment, so I'd now need to ask if you've been able to try another phone on the line in order to eliminate the phone from being at fault, as the next step would be to book a technician to call out and investigate for you. I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Hello Sandrah, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line has been playing up again for you. I've double checked things from our end and it does appear that at the time you made your post we were aware of a local issue which would've affected your phone line. This should now be restored, so if you are still experiencing an issue, please let me know. 

Apologies to you all once more. 

cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Kath
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI all I now have phone line been repaired thank you all 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have no landline rang virgin yesterday said fault either in or outside, no help untill Mond...

That's brilliant news Kath, 

Thanks for letting us know it's now been fixed.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused. 

cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Debj
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have no landline

Hi like you I have no landline.  My quick start package arrived at 5pm, so I lost a whole Saturday, not impressed.  i did not receive a card with my new phone number as stated in the letter.  My new phone said check line, I conducted a line test, which stated I needed an engineer. So I ordered one for between 4pm and 7pm for Monday.  Later  i needed to amend the appointment, and it was not in my virgin media account, so ended up ringing India. They said it was amended to Tuesday. hOwever I continued to get texts telling me an engineer was still on his way for original appointment. So it looks like the call centre doesn't amend engineer visits after all.  i had to telephone again to make a new appointment. it's very frustrating to be welcomed as a new customer and already have problems like this. The help files don't match the reality.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have no landline

Hi Debj, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to read of the problems you've had getting your phone line up and running. And apologies that there seems to have been some confusion with the appointment booking to get things resolved. 

I've taken a look at things and can see that there is now an appointment made for you, I'll send you a private message with details of this. Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Apologies once more. 

Huw