Menu
ASROMA
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have a problem with my landline. There is absolutely no indication of an incoming call, no ring,

I have a problem with my landline.  There is absolutely no indication of an incoming call, no ring, no screen display, however when I ring from my mobile and pick up the landline, it works perfectly fine.  This is obviously a nuisance as I can't possibly know when someone is ringing.  Making outgoing calls is not a problem either.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a problem with my landline. There is absolutely no indication of an incoming call, no ...

Hi there ASROMA, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are having issues hearing incoming calls. To be honest in my home this would be a blessing but I do understand how inconvenient this could be.

The first thing I'd have to ask in this situation is if you've been able to try another phone on the line? If you have multiple phones on the line, then disconnect some of the other phones, leaving one phone plugged into the main socket - try the line, if it still doesn't work then try one of the other phones. Sometimes if a line is overloaded then it may cause issues. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ASROMA
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a problem with my landline. There is absolutely no indication of an incoming call, no ...

I on ly have the one phone line and the the phone is now telling me to check " The cord" I have tried using different phones in the socket - including a brand new phone but with no success.  I am desperate to my home phone up and running as we really rely on it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ASROMA

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, sorry again for the problems you're experiencing with your phone line. 

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to take a closer look if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message. You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos