Menu
deedee65
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I dont use my home phone & want get rid of it, can I get cheaper broadband in my bundle?

So, probably like many people I dont use my home phone and cant see the point of keeping it so want to get rid of it; why have I still got to pay the full price of the 'line rental' just to have the broadband? There are loads of people who dont have a land line now so why are we still being charged the full rate for line rental just so we can have broadband??

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I dont use my home phone & want get rid of it, can I get cheaper broadband in my bundle?

You can cancel the landline, but you wont save any money.  The broadband comes in through a "line"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I dont use my home phone & want get rid of it, can I get cheaper broadband in my bundle?

not though the PHONE line.

You get a discount for having the phone line. If you cancel it you lose the discount that can sometimes cost more not to have it.

AS VM have to run the cable to your home they would rather you have the line so they might make some money from calls. So they offer a discount for having the phone line with other services. Getting rid it it might cost more or the same. If more then keep it and never plug a phone into the line. If the same you can decide if to keep it or not
0 Kudos
GMAN73
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM are sneaky they will hit you with a contract termination fee like they did with me and they never told me about it when I was on the phone.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if you are in contract still and cancel then you will get a Early disconnection fee. this is not sneaky, its part of the T&C you agreed to
0 Kudos