Menu
GeneJules
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can't make or get calls to landline

I am a new customer, installed on 14th May. My phone line was delayed as there was some problem. It was connected on 17th May, but I can not make or recieve calls. When I try to call out it squeals and says number not recognised. Some help needed please!

0 Kudos
GeneJules
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't make or get calls to landline

I'm still waiting! I have tried using online 'help', but it constantly says all operators busy, try later! I can't phone as I can't use my phone! Also, I am paying for vivid200. Out of curiosity, I checked the speed and I was only getting 27! No where even close. How can I get this sorted too?? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there GeneJules, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with both your phone line and broadband. 

Upon  taking a look at your account I can see that you've booked a technician to call out and investigate the phone line, please let me know how that goes. 

Whilst I'm no broadband expert, I've run some testing on your Hub, and can see that it's currently not online. If the hub is powered off, please power it back on and make a post on one of our broadband boards, where a member of the forum team will pick up the post, whilst you're waiting for a reply, members of the community will offer tests that may determine what is going on with the broadband.

Here's a link to our speed boards 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
GeneJules
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Huw the engineer has managed to get my phone line up and running. Turns out that the original installer didn't bother to connect the phone line,l after saying to me that there had been a problem with connection and it would be fixed in a couple of days.  It has also helped my internet speed, it is running at about 50mbps, still not as much as I was told, but its better than it was. I'm now going to sit back and enjoy my new services. Thanks again.

0 Kudos