Menu
grindax
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

How to increase number of rings on landline before going to voicemail

I would like to increase how long it takes before calls go to voicemail for my landline. Currently, the phone only rings a few times and it's not long enough to get to the phone to answer it. Please let me know how this can be changed.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to increase number of rings on landline before going to voicemail

grindax wrote:

I would like to increase how long it takes before calls go to voicemail for my landline. Currently, the phone only rings a few times and it's not long enough to get to the phone to answer it. Please let me know how this can be changed.

It can be increased up to 10 rings. You can call in to request the change by dialing 150, then Option 1 -> Confirm your details when prompted for them -> Once in the menu either go with Option 4 then say Option 1 and ask for the change to be made. Or even Option 2 (Faults) then report a phone fault and ask for the change to be made.

As an alternative to calling in, a member of the favicon.png Forum Team here will get around to responding to your topic soon. They can tweak the ring time for you. Though it would be helpful for them to know in advance how many rings you'd like it to go to.

Note: Normally any change in this regard takes up to 24 hours to go live, but the Forum Team have a way of forcing the change through instantly if there is such a need.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

grindax wrote:

It can be increased up to 10 rings. You can call in to request the change by dialing 150, then Option 1 -> Confirm your details when prompted for them -> Once in the menu either go with Option 4 then say Option 1 and ask for the change to be made. Or even Option 2 (Faults) then report a phone fault and ask for the change to be made.

As an alternative to calling in, a member of the favicon.png Forum Team here will get around to responding to your topic soon. They can tweak the ring time for you. Though it would be helpful for them to know in advance how many rings you'd like it to go to.

Note: Normally any change in this regard takes up to 24 hours to go live, but the Forum Team have a way of forcing the change through instantly if there is such a need.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
grindax
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke, I've phoned and asked for it to be changed to the maximum.

oldgran
Joining in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have rung Virgin Media 3 times asking them to extend the number of rings on my phone.

What does it take to get this done please

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi @oldgran which menu option did you go with? And how long ago did you make the request? It should be a simple request to fulfill once asked for.

The staff here can make the change for you if need. How many rings did you need it extended to? This is information the staff here will need when they do pick up on your reply.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
oldgran
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shelke

Thank you for replying.

I first rung 150 to ask them to increase the number of rings on my phone about 2 months ago and have rung twice more with the last call being roughly 2 weeks ago.  They always say it's no problem but it never happens.  I would like the maximum of 10 rings please

Thank you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

That's not good, I'll flag it to the attention of the staff now to get you a quicker response.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
oldgran
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi oldgran,

Thank you for getting in touch and letting us know that the voicemail rings on your landline still have not been increased. I'm sorry that this hasn't gone through for you yet, especially after ringing in so many times to get this altered. It's great to see that Shelke has been able to give you some advice and flag your post to us.

In order to find out what's causing the problem with the change on your line, I'll need to take more information from you. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Martyn2506
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Apparently my exchange will not be able to increase my rings passed 3 rings I'm disabled no way I can cope my wife can't make it and I have no chance why can't exchange change it? Who decided 3 rings is enough, I'm sure this must be a joke or breach of contract or discount as everyone else can get it done except me I have voicemail confirmation ( couldn't get to the phone in time) and email from forum reps so stupid for a comunication company my virgin mobile rings longer???
0 Kudos