Menu
nmx6000
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I report a faulty line when the 'diagnose faults' page does not work?!

My phone line has been dead for 4 days. I want to report this however when I try to find a form or email address to do so I am always directed to the diagnosis page and invited to 'run a test'. when i click the run test button I get a page not found notification. How do I report my problem?

I have already tried a different handset in the main socket (which is the only one in the house) and my existing handset in a friends working socket. My handsets are not faulty. There is no dial tone, the line appears dead. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I report a faulty line when the 'diagnose faults' page does not work?!

By posting here you've reported it. A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here will respond to your topic soon (less than three days) and help you book in an engineer appointment regarding it.

VM don't do email support, but what they do offer as an alternative to it is web chat support. In your case you'd go to the web chat page and go with the menu route: Phone -> No dial tone -> Chat Online. Do so between 8AM to 8PM M-Sa from a desktop or laptop device. If all agents are busy, reload the page every three minutes and check again or leave the page page open until a chat prompt shows on screen and use that to start chat with an agent.

That aside, the community here is a great place to get support for service issues etc.  As the staff here are super helpful.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I report a faulty line when the 'diagnose faults' page does not work?!

By posting here you've reported it. A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here will respond to your topic soon (less than three days) and help you book in an engineer appointment regarding it.

VM don't do email support, but what they do offer as an alternative to it is web chat support. In your case you'd go to the web chat page and go with the menu route: Phone -> No dial tone -> Chat Online. Do so between 8AM to 8PM M-Sa from a desktop or laptop device. If all agents are busy, reload the page every three minutes and check again or leave the page page open until a chat prompt shows on screen and use that to start chat with an agent.

That aside, the community here is a great place to get support for service issues etc.  As the staff here are super helpful.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi nmx6000,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry that your phone line has been down for over 4 days now. It's great to see that Shelke has provided you with helpful information about how to report your line issue.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing on your line. I can see that there are no outages reported for your area and the test results aren't indicating what is causing this issue, as you have already completed the checks with your phone socket and handset, I can schedule an engineer to call out to get this fixed for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just click the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi nmx6000,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your phone line, as I haven't received a response from you yet.

If you are still having problems with your phone line and would like for me to arrange an engineer appointment, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos