Menu
BE43
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How did they manage this ...

Hey

We have only rejoined virgin media a few months ago, once everything was finally installed we have had next to no issues, out of the blue our phone started having issues.  We could not make calls or make any outgoing calls without it sounding like there was a 2nd line as when someone would pick up you would still hear a ringing in the background, we have reported this and have an appointment for the 31st.  Neither our neighbor or ourselves have had any work done recently by virgin media to any of our services but it appears they have some-how managed to cross our neighbors line with ours, we are now receiving calls for both our number and the neighbors number on the redirection I setup with virgin media over Christmas to ensure I could still receive important calls as we have elderly family in hospital.  I have advised virgin media of the issue and that it is a cross line and they do not seem they interested,  my neighbor is not happy that we are also receiving her calls.  

I am very confused how they have managed to do this as we have had no work done by them recently.  This happened out of the blue.

I have spoken to customer care who just transferred the call back to technical support.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How did they manage this ...

Hi BE43

I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you and your neighbour have been experiencing with your telephone service recently, it's something that I want to to help to get resolved as soon as possible.

I've located your account to take a closer look and can see that action was taken to get this resolved, I hope this means that the line is working as it should from your end?

If that's not the case, get in touch and I'll take a look at escalating this to be looked at in more detail. Apologies again for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

We'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BE43
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Our line is resolved, but while the line was broken I had a redirect to my mobile for all calls,  I was receiving the neighbour's calls too  I am still receiving the calls for the neighbour as their line is still broken and for some reason redirecting to my mobile.  I am very angry that virgin media has the audacity to charge me for the redirection service while there was a fault on the service.  The customer care team that I spoke to did not seem to actually care about the issue with the line.  If possible I would like someone to give me a call on either the land line number you hold or the mobile number that should be on the account to discuss this further.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI BE43

Thanks for the response, do you know if your neighbours line is working as it should at the moment too? It sounds as if it's not, and the redirect is still in place. If that's the case, get them to request the line redirect is removedMan Happy.

Massive apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused, have you requested to take the line redirect off from your account too?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos