Menu
TheHicksFamily
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How can I get landline voicemail disabled?

I'd be grateful for advice on how to get voicemail removed on my landline please. I get pips on the line when picking up the phone, but can't access the messages using 1571. I don't want the function, and have missed a couple of important messages because people have used it and assumed I'll have got the info I've left.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I get landline voicemail disabled?

As it is a service it should just be a case of calling in and asking for it to be disabled. I do it all the time for my cell phones and whenever I have a landline, the provider(s) just toggle it off on their end and after up to 24 hours - it's off.

I'm not sure why you can't access the service, did you ever ask for that to be looked into? If you haven't it'd worth the ask.

Calling in wise you can ring 150 from your VM phone -> enter the main menu. If you go through option 2 (faults), choose the phone faults option. You can ask either ask them about voice mail doesn't work properly for you or ask them to remove it. Or if you just want it removed, after entering the main menu try option 4 -> option 2.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
TheHicksFamily
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I get landline voicemail disabled?

Great, thank you for your help.
0 Kudos