Menu
stevekuht
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Home phone

All my handsets say check line and I cannot get dialling tone or receive calls (I call our line from our mobile and there is a ringing tone but no incoming call on our landline).

I have checked wall sockets

I have run a diagnostic check which resulted in no issues.

Where do I go next without having to pay extortionate 0345 rates as I cannot use my landline to phone 150 for free?

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone

You could call Virgin Media on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a working Vm landline or VM mobile phone .  You will need to choose the relevant option that you are an existing customer.

To rule out a problem with your equipment it would be worth disconnecting all phones from your wall sockets and then just try a single phone in your master socket.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone

Hi stevekuht,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

I've run diagnostics on the line and everything is looking clear on this end. Are you able to test another handset in the socket? This is just to rule out the equipment as the cause of the fault.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos