Menu
potter
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Home phone problems automatically calling emergency services help

Hi 

Home phone down for two days, spent 2 hours each evening trying to get through to virgin - no one picking up.

Phone starting working sort of yesterday but we kept getting calls from emergency services asking if we needed assistance. We explained we hadn't called.

Had another call tonight. After listening to virgin music for 23.27 mins not the be with you in 2 mins!  Got speak with someone whom said phone line wasn't showing any faults, explained about the emergency calls but can't get engineer out to check until next Wednesday. I declined appointment as way to far away, either line will clear by then or phone will be unplugged forever. Sorry tired and frustrated.

Anyone experienced similar?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone problems automatically calling emergency services help

Hi potter

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone line, I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this and I'm glad to see that an appointment has been planned to get this issue resolved.

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Buzby16
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone problems automatically calling emergency services help

I had customers who were arrested by the police for making 999 call but this was around the time you can dial 112to call for emergency services,I found the phone was probably a old pulse dialing model and had a crack in the circuit board so it would dial out on its own or vibrations caused it to but I have been retired for quite a few years and when ever I have had Vm engineers in to repair the many disconnection I used to have (they always toned out my line and were back in ten minutes)I had to request that they change my equipment in the green box(cab)as something kept knocking me out of service,I would try to find out if they know tech issues and was quite disappointed with the lack of training and how quickly they worked on their own not their fault I m afraid,and how many faults in a day they were expected to repair i was relieved not to have worked for Vm
0 Kudos