Menu
Rav1
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Home phone not working

My phone is not working for the last 2days , when someone calls on my home phone number it goes to the answering machine. I tried to disconnect and reconnect the phone wires but no change.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Home phone not working

Hi Rav1,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your phone line, as we haven't received a response from you yet.

If you are still having problems with your phone line and you've already completed the checks with your handset, I can arrange an engineer appointment. Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

hi Rav1

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line recently.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you. We're not detecting any issues at the moment though.

Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Rav1,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your phone line, as we haven't received a response from you yet.

If you are still having problems with your phone line and you've already completed the checks with your handset, I can arrange an engineer appointment. Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Rav1
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I have booked an appointment with virgin engineer for 15/09/16
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rav1,

Thanks for getting back to me. Please let us know how the appointment goes for you and if we can help further with anything else.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
hiya1
Joining in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have tested the phone in another socket and the phone is not the problem. It is the line, which is dead when I pick up the phone. When I phone in there is a voicemail message but I cannot use the line at all. As I only just had the line and broadband set up, and as you are putting up the monthly fee already, I'd appreciate help sorting this asap

Thanks

Fiona

0 Kudos
hiya1
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi again

I need you to give me some choice of date for the engineer to come as I work. 15th does not suit me. Friday 16th would be possible.

Fiona

0 Kudos
Rav1
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It's a nightmare, all this time I was with Talk-Talk (15years) and never had any issues. It's not even an year with virgin and Issues like this have started. Now I have to wait nearly a week without land line as there was no early availability of virgin engineer to short out this issue. Many thanks.... Looking forward to end this contract with Virgin at the end of this term very Badly.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi hiya1,

I'm sorry to hear that you landline isn't working and that you weren't able to book in an earlier appointment.

I've checked this and have send you private message with more details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this screen.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
peppasmum
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

2 wall boxes but neither seem to be working as no dialling tone, please help

0 Kudos