Menu
partridgeuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Home phone not working

Hello,

i am not getting a dialling tone on my home phone, when I ring my home phone from my mobile I get the engaged signal.********** Regards,

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts.  Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Home phone not working

Hi there partridgeuk and jillbycoote, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone lines have been experiencing a fault, 

Partridgeuk, 

I've run some testing on your line, and can see no reason why you should be experiencing an issue on your line. If you've been able to eliminate the phone from being the cause of the fault, either by trying another phone on the line, or by trying your phone on a known working line, then I think it is best to arrange someone to call out and investigate further for you. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get the wheels in motion, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Jillbycoote, Welcome to the forums, I've also run some further tests on your line, and can see that a technician would be needed as something is causing a short on the line which is the reason why you currently have no dial tone. Whilst our cables are pretty hardy to weather conditions, if there is water build up in the ducting or one of the cabs this can cause issues. 

Apologies to you both again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
jillbycoote
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem - no engineer until Tuesday 5th January - I am a new customer so not best pleased with this fault already !

I thought having Virgin these problems were eliminated if it's due to the weather.

Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there partridgeuk and jillbycoote, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone lines have been experiencing a fault, 

Partridgeuk, 

I've run some testing on your line, and can see no reason why you should be experiencing an issue on your line. If you've been able to eliminate the phone from being the cause of the fault, either by trying another phone on the line, or by trying your phone on a known working line, then I think it is best to arrange someone to call out and investigate further for you. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get the wheels in motion, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Jillbycoote, Welcome to the forums, I've also run some further tests on your line, and can see that a technician would be needed as something is causing a short on the line which is the reason why you currently have no dial tone. Whilst our cables are pretty hardy to weather conditions, if there is water build up in the ducting or one of the cabs this can cause issues. 

Apologies to you both again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos