Menu
JakieD
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Home phone not working - Virgin Phone and Broadband installed Tuesday 26th April 2016

Hi

We had Virgin Phone & Broadband installed on Tuesday 26th April.  Since then the landline phone hasn't worked.  There is a dial tone but every number I try I get "the number you have dialled has not been recognised".  Also the engineer told us that we could keep our old phone number but, when I dial 1470 17070 (which the phone connects to!) to check what the landline number is, it's a different phone number.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Jackie

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone not working - Virgin Phone & Broadband installed Tuesday 26th April 2016

Sounds like your plugged into the BT socket and not the virgin one

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone not working - Virgin Phone & Broadband installed Tuesday 26th April 2016

Hi JakieD,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that your phone line hasn't worked since installation. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, as well.

In order to look into further for you, I will need to take more details from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JakieD
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You were right!  It was in the BT socket - my husband hadn't noticed that the engineer installed a new phone socket!

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JackieD,

Thank you for getting back to us and that jb66's advice helped. Apologies that your new line has a lot of noise interference. I can get this sorted for you.

I'll pop a private message over to you asking for more details so I can arrange an engineer to get this fixed for you. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos