Menu
cat583k
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Home phone No dial tone

Hi don't know what the problem is ,last week my Virginmedia landline telephone was working in both the lounge & extension telephone in my bedroom,this week nothing ,No dial tone,No ringing,i tested the phone its a BT phone it works ok, I rang my Virginmedia landline from my mobile phone its ringing in the exchange, but not in my home,so i have tested it ,i have booked an engineer for Friday,will i be charged for this service,as i don't think its my fault its a Virginmedia/BT issue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone No dial tone

Hi there cat583k, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment. 

Thank you for letting me know of the testing that you've already done, it really helps a lot. I've run some testing from this end, and can see no reason for you to have an issue, so I think you've made the right move in booking a technician for Friday. 

There is no charge for the technician call out, the only time we would ever apply a charge for a fault technician is if it can be proved without doubt that the fault was caused by a customer's will full damage to our equipment. 

Please let me know how everything goes on Friday as I'd be interested in hearing. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
cat583k
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Huw,for your reply,but this problem seem to be happening to a lot of other virgin customers ,just reading all the blogs & all very recently don't this strike you as odd all with the same problems,by the way the phone is a BT phone ,not virginmedia equipment. i have double checked the batteries & all the connections,this is my first issue with virgin in 5 years.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your swift reply. 

Whilst looking at the forum it can be easily assumed that a fault is a lot bigger than it actually is, when in truth the percentage of people actually reporting the same fault as you at this moment in time via this forum is very small when you look at all the customers who have a working phone line. 

The nature of these forums will make it seem that way, people come here to say that they have an issue, it's very rare that someone will post here to say that all is working (but that does happen). Some users of these forums stick around after their fault is resolved, and will use their experience to help others out, this is something we encourage, it's what makes this a community. Moderators and the forum team will step in and help out when we are needed, 

I believe that a technician is the best call in your situation, you've eliminated your phone from being at fault, there are no listed local faults so that would suggest it's an individual fault. I don't think that you using a BT branded phone has anything to do with this, as it's worked perfectly fine in the past. 

Cheers and I hope my post has cleared things up a little. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
cat583k
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,problem is now sorted Engineer called ran a test,tracked it back to the cabinet,guess what another so called engineer,had unplugged my cable,I since have found out my phone has been unobtainable since before christmas,can i claim compensation for the loss of this service as friends & family have been trying to contact me,after all that over 2 months line rental i have paid for & never recieved that service.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there cat583k, 

Thank you for letting me know that all is working again for you now, I really appreciate this. 

With regards to a credit for the loss of service, I'd have to ask you to give our customer service team a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 so that we can apply this to your account after passing security. 

Thanks again. 

Huw

0 Kudos
cat583k
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Huw, got a rebate on my loss of line rental,quite happy with the result something to look forward  next month  its cut my bill in half.

Regards cat583k

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear cat583k, 

Glad to hear that all is sorted for you now. 

Take care

Huw

0 Kudos