Menu
RhysB1996
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home phone NOT receiving data

I have a virgin home phone line and I have just started my new job of being a meter reader. Anyway I am suppose to plug my device into the home phone line in the mornings to receive my work. Throughout about 3 hours of hassle of not receiving my work. I was told that it does not work with virgin media... and I need to check the dial up tone. I have one in and outgoing. But why can virgin not send data? Whereas every other phone provider can send data. Is there anyway around it?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone NOT receiving data

Hi RhysB1996

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

I'm not sure what you mean by sending data? What have your new employers told you about trying to get this working on a Virgin line?

If you've got a dialling tone and can make / receive calls then that's great, do you have any noise/interference on the line at all?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RhysB1996
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My job requires me to download and upload work from a phone line. Actually sending data through a phone which BT and other providers can. Virgin media seem to be the only company that can't send data.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the added information RhysB

Any additional information about the equipment you use to send/receive this data would be great. You mention your employers have also mentioned it doesn't work on a Virgin line, did they say why?

I've not come across this issue before which is why I'm asking a lot of questions, sorry for that in advance. I just want to help to get to the bottom of this so we can either get it sorted, or give you a reason as to why it's not possible if that's the case.

As the company you work for are aware that it might not work depending on their employees telephone line provider, do they have an alternate way to get you the data you need for work? Just trying to help minimise the impact with your new job!

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos