Menu
TheBish
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Home Phoneline is dead.

I have been in contact over this issue in the past.  I have now had no working phoneline for over 3 months. The last 2 engineers who came around my house both determined that there was a fault in the cable that connects the block of flats I live in to the phone service.  I was told that they wouldn't be able to carry out the repair and that it would have to go through planning, and that someone would get in contact with me to let me know what's happening.  This was back in the middle of July and I haven't heard anything since.  I phoned up today to try and find out what is happening and the person I spoke to is treating it as a new problem and has decided to send out an engineer tomorrow evening.  Surely this is going to be a waste of time?  All I want to know is, what is happening about the faulty cable?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home Phoneline is dead.

Hi there TheBish, 

I'm really sorry to hear that the saga with your phone line continues, I've done some investigating into this, and can see no notes from a previous technician that there was further work needed. This is why we are needing to get another technician booked to call out for you. 

I've also sent the local manager an email detailing things for you, and asking for them to look into this later for you. 

Apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
TheBish
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home Phoneline is dead.

My concern about this is, if you have read the previous communications, the council have restricted access to the back of the house.  Its all fenced off and there's a locked gate. The council has to be contacted weeks in advance to arrange for the gate to be unlocked and its all done on their terms  And even then, its difficult for an engineer to be available during the same time frame the council say that they can unlock the gate.  Last time it took me weeks to arrange access for the engineer.  That's why its so frustrating to learn that the last engineer has failed to pass forward his findings.  The engineer who is due to come today wont be able to get to the back of the house to inspect unless he climbs over the fence (which is 2 metres high).

0 Kudos