Menu
Fred1955
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Home Phone not working

Hi I have a Phone, Broadband and TV package, the Phone went noisy late afternoon and I have lost the dial tone, incoming calls get the ringing tone but my phone does not ring. I have gone on line and booked an engineer visit but can not get this until Tuesday Morning. Why does it take so long to get the problem looked into and hopefully fixed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home Phone not working

Hi Fred1955,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that your landline stopped working and that the earliest fault appointment is Tuesday morning.

The telephone switch will be checked today to see if there is an issue here that can be resolved straight away. If there are no problems at the switch, then a local fault technician will have to come to your property to check the local cabinet and trace the cause of the line fault back to your phone in order to get this fixed. If a fault is found at the switch and fixed, our technicians will be in touch with you to verify your service has been restored and the appointment booked in for you will be cancelled.

I've checked to see if we have had any cancellations before Tuesday and currently there are no earlier appointments. I apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Please keep us posted how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos