Menu
DaveGarratt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Home Phone Line not working

On the 12th April we lost our phone line and being marked under a priority repair due to my mom's health and having a Personal Alarm fitted to the phone - the engineer duly came within 4 hours and said the fault was in the street and not actually in the cable running to the house.

Now I was informed that in would take at least two weeks to get the required personnel out to fix the problem - so because of my mom's health we made arrangements for someone to be at home with my mom because of the alarm not working because of the phone.

Having chased Virgin I was told that today 30th April that Engineers had been booked and they would resolve the problem.

Now having waited in all day - I've not saw or heard from anybody at Virgin - all I was told via a long call from my personal mobile that the Engineer was due to come between 1:00 - 6:00 pm today - but NO ONE's turned up or even got back to me.

The is getting critical now because if it doesn't get resolved soon - my mom will be left alone with no means of connecting anyone because the phone line is still down

Can someone please tell what is going on. This is the first bad experience I've had with Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home Phone Line not working

Hi there DaveGarratt, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working, and hasn't been for some time. 

I really do appreciate the urgency to get this completed, I've taken a look at the account, and can see that there are some construction issues which will need to be addressed before they can complete the rewiring. This will normally involve some road works and permits to work being sought after. 

I can see that you've already spoken to our customer service team and have arranged a call back once the agent has been able to gain further information from the Construction team. 

Apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DaveGarratt
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is getting more and more frustrating I'm afraid.

Another week is almost up and since the 12th April we and more importantly my mother is still without a phone line. I've already explained why we rely on the phone so I'm not going to repeat myself - but just to say that since the 12th April we've had make arrangements for a family member to be there including weekend to ensure everything is okay.

I've chased Virgin on a regular basis (hate to think what my mobile phone bill will be) and the latest was - they'd promised to phone me back or get a manager to phone me back stating when they're likely to fix the problem - but no phone call was made to me - so I'm still in dark to when my problem is likely to get fix.

So I getting to the end of my tether to be honest. I'm looking to maybe talk to the CAB or even OFCOM.

DaveGarratt
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Could some at Virgin please please tell me what is going on.

Having spent a good 40 minutes on the phone this morning being transferred from department to department - I was told yet again that a manager would phone me back before 6.00 pm to tell me the status of my problem = but again no one phoned me back.

All I'm after is when is the phone likely to be repaired  so we can make arrangements for the care of my mother. It will be 4 weeks this coming Tuesday so is that really acceptable ?

Regards

0 Kudos
DaveGarratt
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On Saturday 7th May -  I did managed to speak to a really helpful person (UK based) and he actually told me what was going on and he was fully sympathetic to me and my situation and the frustration I was having in getting a real answer. He even said himself that someone he spoke to was next to useless.

Well apparently the 19th May is the new date when the construction team are apparently coming to repair the line in the street, but he did say he'd left a message for the Field Service Manager to call me either Saturday and Sunday to confirm what was going on, but again no one phoned me to say one way or the another what the course of action is - so either this person doesn't exist (but at least I have a name now) or they just don't bother.

Also waiting for almost 6 weeks is that really accepted ?

Regards

Dave Garratt

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveGarratt,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this is still ongoing and that you haven't heard back from the management team to date.

I know this must be a worrying time to have the line out of action for so long.  I can see the appointment you have mentioned regarding the construction issue.  

When a construction issue is referred, it can take anything up to 4-6 weeks to go through as during this time we're arranging the necessary permissions from the local council to carry out the work and also get the resources together.  Generally getting the resources together is the easy part, it's usually the access and permissions are what take time.  

Now a date is in place we know when this will happen.  Please do keep us posted on how you get on.  We're here to help.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos