Menu
markie23
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help

HJust finished a call to customer support (not me but my partner) first one hung up the second one wasn't interested, just lied saying I spoke to them over the phone, I'm deaf so that would be impossible.

what happened is I cancelled virgin media account and went over to talk talk. They asked ror my router back, which I sent, cancelled my account so I couldn't login anymore. But I just found out they have still been charging me for the phone line for the last 7 months.

i don't even live at that adress anymore. Customer services say I told them I said I still wanted to keep the phone open, and told them so.

so it's my fault, according to them, so no refund

fraud if you ask me

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

Hi markie23, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us. 

When giving your notice to leave, if you tell the agent you are looking at taking your number with you to your new provider, we have to leave the line open. If we close this then you wouldn't be able to take the number. 

Once Talk Talk has has ported the number across to them, your phone line automatically cancels at this end. 

If Talk Talk hasn't done this, or you haven't given them your number to port over then the line would stay active to us. 

We wouldn't be able to refund any charges as if you decided against taking your number over, you should of let us know so we could cancel this with your other services. If you did ask Talk Talk then the onus would be on them. 

Apologies we're unable to help with this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
markie23
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

A they were told I didn't want the number, but lied saying I did want it. Why would I want billing for a number I don't want. When I already have a number, also I don't live there anymore yet I still have been charged.

0 Kudos