Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (104 Views)

Help please Landline problem

Once again my home phone is not working. I have been overseas for 6 months and my landline is not working. What seems to be the problem here. I pay a lot of money for a service I rarely use, then when I want to use it, it doesn't work. HELP!!! I do not want to have to be using my mobile as it is a business service and I cannot use it for personal and family calls, not can I use it to report a problem with my personal home number. What should I do? I need this resolved as soon as possible? Please.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (92 Views)

Re: Help please Landline problem

Hey Kamiok,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear your landline is not working.

I've managed to locate your details and have a run a few check on the line and all appears to be healthy. I think it best if we get someone to take a look at this for you so I will send you a private message shortly (purple envelope top right) to discuss this further.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6 (52 Views)

Once Again, my phone is not working!

I have returned back to the UK to find that my Landline AGAIN is not working! You got it to work, the day before I left the UK on my last visit which was September 12th 2006! I have messaged the person who was helping me over the years of this problem but unfortunately I have not heard back from Huw, who knows if he is even still working for Virgin? 

Please help.

Amanda

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6 (44 Views)

Hi Amanda,

Really sorry to hear that this is causing further trouble for you.

I've had a look into this and the line state appears to be active at the moment.

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the handset or tested different equipment at all?

Huw is still a member of the Community Forum and he flagged this over for me to help. Smiley Happy

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6 (40 Views)

Hi Nat,

All this has been going on for years now! It is nothing to do with the handset, I assure you!

The last guy that came over said it had been disconnected from the junction box, but he re-instated the line the day before I left the country. Please make an arrangement for ALL the King's Men to come over and fix this please. Need senoir technicians please !

Chat to Huw about the history. It always sounds as though it works, but it doesn't, I assure you and I would know. Just to appease you, I have disconnected and re-connected the handset, and unfortunately NOT a THING!!! There is no dialling tone.

This is urgent,

Amanda

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6 (33 Views)

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for getting back to me and for completing this check.

I'd like to get someone out to check up on this physically for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos