Menu
Hannah140588
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hassled calls

Dear virgin media,
I keep being hassled on my mobile from 08004089340 claiming to be your sales team but when you google search it's saying its not even virgin and people doing scams if virgin want to chat to me about my account then use my land-line so I know your genuine
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hassled calls

Hi Hannah140588

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing in receiving these unwanted calls lately.

I've located your account to take a closer look and I've updated your marketing preferences so that you'll stop receiving these calls moving forward. As Shelke has mentioned, it can take a maximum of around 6 weeks to fully remove your number so you may receive some calls in that time but you should find calls from this number stop very soon.

I'll be here if there's anything you need assistance with moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hannah140588 wrote:

I keep being hassled on my mobile from 08004089340 claiming to be your sales team but when you google search it's saying its not even virgin and people doing scams if virgin want to chat to me about my account then use my land-line so I know your genuine

It's a genuine VM number used by their retention teams etc. The online websites are riddled with posts calling it a fake VM number by people who didn't bothr to ask VM about it. Those some people calling VM numbers fake say calls from their own banks numbers fake.

As for being called on your mobile, VM will call you on any number they have on file for you, mobile, satellite phone, any number source. You name it, if they have it on file, you'll get retention/sales calls on it from VM if you're opted into marketing calls, which you are.

If you don't want to receive marketing calls any more, ring 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any phone and ask to be opted out of marketing calls. The opt out takes six weeks to complete, during those six weeks you'll still receive marketing calls.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Hannah140588

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing in receiving these unwanted calls lately.

I've located your account to take a closer look and I've updated your marketing preferences so that you'll stop receiving these calls moving forward. As Shelke has mentioned, it can take a maximum of around 6 weeks to fully remove your number so you may receive some calls in that time but you should find calls from this number stop very soon.

I'll be here if there's anything you need assistance with moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide