Menu
niczuk1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone else not got phone signal in Area 22

There were three Virgin engineers in the phone exchange at the end of my street yesterday and ever since then my phone line has been down. I've run all the tests and they say there is no problem but I have no dial tone, and when I call my landline it rings OK but obviously doesn't come through to the house.

I have messaged virgin who have requested an engineer but not until Dec 30th!!! And they will charge me for diverting my calls in the meantime.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has anyone else not got phone signal in Area 22

Hello niczuk1,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you were without your telephone line.

I have located your account and I can see that this issue with due to a fault in the area which shows as resolved so could you please let me know if your telephone line is working please?

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
niczuk1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose, unfortunately this is not resolved as I still don't have a dial tone. I did receive a text to say the engineer has been cancelled, which I don't think they should have done before they checked I had a dial tone!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi niczuk1,

Thanks for getting back to me and I'm sorry to hear it's not working after the area fault has cleared.

Unfortunately as soon as a fault in the area has been detected the technicians are automatically cancelled because this is usually what's causing the loss of service.

In the unlikely event that the services don't resume when the fault has cleared we would need to arrange for another technician visit so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos