Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5 (56 Views)

Half ported Number

Hi there I was supposed to have my phone number finally ported yesterday 4th of July but nothing happened... Still with a not working phone on  my number..
I ordered on the 1st of June and was given the 15th of June for the installation and porting...I have been basically without phone from the 15th of June...

From my phone I can make phone calls... and ear a dial tone...

BUT>> I can NOT RECEIVE CALLS
from my mobile sounds like I am  making the call and ringing but not signal comes from my phone connected to the VIRGIN line ... I tried to dial 174 to check My number and received back the call and Ringer worked FINE and gave me the right Number that is then half ported>>>
ported BUT ONLY for making calls not to receive them... The caller would ear the dial tone and the ringer activated from his her end ... BUT NOT SOUND COMES FROM MY PHONE!!!
HELP!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5 (38 Views)

Re: Half ported Number

Hi NoNo1

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment. 

I've located your account to take a closer look and can see the request was made a few days ago, I hope things are working as they should at the moment? 

If not, get in touch and I'll do everything I can to investigate this from our end for you.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5 (32 Views)

Hello there.. I had a SMS message from Virgin Media on Saturday saying that the number would be transferred the 18th and in the mean time to continue to use the "temporary Number"  (which is not working either)!!!
NO!!! Craig.. my phone is not working yet.. thank anyway for "looking" into it..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5 (19 Views)

Hi NoNo1,

I am sorry to hear Landline still isn't working.  I can see that you're due to have your number activated tomorrow as you mentioned.  Please do let us know how you get on tomorrow.  At this stage any action required to fix the current number will not be fixed in time so hopefully the number change will get you a working line.  

We're here to help so keep us posted.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5 (15 Views)

Thanks Colette for your input...

Today the 18th of July Finally got my phone line working..

I was without phone service for more than a month may I have a compensation for loss of service?
As I ordered to be connected with virgin on the 1st of June..
I was without service from the 15 June Was the day of the cabling installation and phone number porting..

I had 3 different technicians visits..

I assume and expect that i should get one full month of credit back

Instead I have been told in chat that i would get credited from 26/06/17 to 06/07/17 because you got logged the 26th as the day of reporting the fault....
Even tough I made very clear at the time that I was without service from the 15th
and also I do not get why getting credit to only the 6th of July???
I got the phone working ONLY on the 18th of July... meaning today..
Been told the "SYSTEM DOES NOT ALLOW TO DO MORE" ????

regards..

0 Kudos