Menu
HopeSusan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Had requested my BT landline number to be posted over to Virgin but this has not happened.

On 22 June I shifted from BT to Virgin. When I signed up to Virgin, I requested that our BT landline number be posted over to Virgin (so that we could keep the same number). The Virgin representative promised me that this would be done, but it has not happened. I was told that Virgin needed to do this, because if I requested it myself from BT, BT would cancel the number. Please, how do I find out if the request I made was actually recorded on my files, and what should I do to get this done? I am currently still paying BT, and now Virgin as well. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had requested my BT landline number to be posted over to Virgin but this has not happened.

Hi HopeSusan

Welcome to the community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and we're not detecting any problems or any work to be scheduled. I'd like to request that our team take a look to see if the port is still possible from BT's end, so I can do that could you respond to the private message I've sent with the phone number?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jeanhaynes5
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had requested my BT landline number to be posted over to Virgin but this has not happened.

I have recently joined virgin from sky and asked to keep my sky phone number. The rep. told me to get in touch with virgin and ask them to contact sky to do this. I phoned virgin who told me to phone sky. I phoned sky and they told me to phone virgin. I contacted virgin through the chat line and they told me to get in touch with BT. I contacted BT after waiting for an hour on hold who in turn told me to contact virgin to request a line transfer. Is anyone going to help me or was it a mistake coming back to Virgin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI jeanhaynes5

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing at the moment.

When the initial request is placed, it's us you call although if there are any problems with the line or the number then you might need to call who originally owned the number, which could be why you've been asked to call around so much.

Did the team give you reasons for calling elsewhere? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos