Menu
JaneLW
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HOW on earth can you escalate and resolve a complaint?

H-E-L-P!!  Landline and broadband package ordered Feb 2016.  Installation date agreed as 19/3/2016.  'Wrong team' arrived - line not installed.  Rearranged for 2/4/2016 - 'wrong team' arrived again.  Still without landline and contracted service on 18/4/2016.  No response from VM.  Every time I call them, they won't tell me how I can escalate persistent performance issues to senior team.  Just fobbed off with 'we'll book another date in May 2016'.  They won't give me a name or number to call.  Multiple email complaints have had no response.  Does anyone have a magic wand to hit VM with - or even contact details for complaints escalation?  I'M DESPERATE!!!  Many thanks.

0 Kudos
TonyJr
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HOW on earth can you escalate and resolve a complaint?

I had someone call from the local head-end before my install to make sure everything was OK to go ahead, and also gave me his work number, work mobile number and email address in case I had any queries or problems before or after the install.

Your best bet is on this Forum - the support staff on here are excellent. I am not sure if they have someone on here 24/7 or are only 0900-1700 or similar.

TonyJr
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there JaneLW, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues getting your phone line installed. 

I've taken a look at the account, and can see that the initial issue with your phone line was due to a faulty cable, when a crew went to install they discovered that there was damage to the cable which meant that we needed to replace the cable. It was also discovered that there was some issues with the ducting which carries the cable, so we had to do some additional work (construction issues), this has been completed, and we can now replace the cable - this is what will happen on the date you've been given in May. 

I hope this explains things a little better for you. 

Apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
JaneLW
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response, Huw.  However, what you're telling me is not the 'story' I am hearing when I ring the call centre, and sadly no-one has bothered to respond to any of the 3 complaints I have raised on line since mid March 2016.  No-one has even contacted me about the supposed revised date for a visit in May - I only heard this 2nd hand from the call centre that it was 'on file'.

Since the call centre are blocking me escalating these issues within VM, and you are the first representative to bother to contact me - albeit with another, different story - is there any possibility of contact outside this forum to resolve this satisfactorily once and for all?  I have had to be present for the last 2 visits from a VM team, and my conversations with them during their visits have concluded that they were not the appropriate teams to pull cables - they were just the Broadband installation teams.  Since I clarified twice before the first visit that THERE WAS NO VM PHONE LINE AT THE PROPERTY this really does smack of incompetence.

I was really, really keen to move to VM for a supposedly 'better' service and package and with a landline supplied independently of the other provider, but after 2 months of non-existent customer service I really am at the end of my tether and life continues to be compromised without a functional phone line.

I would appreciate further contact asap before I have no other option but to run for the hills never to return to VM.

Many thanks - I look forward to hearing from someone at VM.