Menu
Thomasath
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HELP - Phone Capacity issue, wrong bills,hours on calls with virgin...

Hi,

I signed up for a full bundle (tv + sky sports, broadband, phone) back in November (12 month contract with a fixed price and monthly rolling credit applied on top of it to reduce the bill). A few days after aggreing the price I got an email with an incorrect amount. Called virgin and managed to sort it out.

Before installation I was informed that the phone would not be installed at the same time but at a later stage (a couple of weeks at most). I was not that pleased but since I was more interested on tv / broadband at the time I accepted.

Broadband / tv were installed and everything was working fine (except the lack of phone) until I got my first bill. I was told (and was expecting to pay 2 x monthly cost + installation cost. To my surprise I was charged a way way higher amount. After calling virgin (again..) trying to sort this out (and after speaking to 3-4 people and being on hold for c.20 minutes - note I was abroad on holidays and my account had enough money to cover the expected (and communicated) cost (and not the realy high one) I managed to confirm (also on an email) that the correct amount would be taken off my account. I was also reassured that the bill would be properly updated in the nect month.

I received the second electronic bill last Saturday.... not only I was charged a ridiculous amount in advance of the coming month, the extra amount that was falsely added to my last bill was still there plus a £10 charge for late payment!!!! (Note that I have a direct debit!!!!).

I called virgin on tuesday.. passed the security checks every time and spome to 3-4 different people in billing, retentions with everyone telling me a different story with different contracts, discounts etc. eventually the line was cut off. I called again and a lady in retentions kindly promised to help and call me back (that is after I sent her the emails I had asked virgin call center employees to send me to confirm every time what we aggreed - she was also claiming that my contract was something different; however after I sent the emails she appreciated there was an error). I never heard back.

I called again yesterday. After c 2 hours on the phone amd after having passed the security checks 6-7 times and having spoken to everyone there...a helpful employee was able to explain the issue. Apparently since virgin was not able to provide the phone yet and since all of my bundle discounts where getting charged through the phone, I was getting charged for individual services generating a ridiculous high monthly bill. Very annoyed I explained that this was not acceptable and asked to cancel the services (and given the phone line is still to be installed there should not be any disconnection charge as virgin has not honoured our original contract both in terms of services provided and cost!). He did his best to try to retain me and after explaining that he can fix it I accepted to stay provided I get the services/length of contract / monthlyprice (appreciate that the phone line would not be immediately installed but I was happy to wait for a bit if everything else is sorted).However, I asked for an email confirmation which I never got...

And we come to today. A couple of hours ago I received an email informing me of the changes on my account / package. Specifically the phone was removed fromthe bundle and the final monthly price had gone up!!!! Obviously I immediately called to clarify. The billings/account department said that this is my bill/contract that I aggreed (something that I never did). Eventually I was told that I had to be trasferred. Extremely annoyed I asked to be trasferred to the disconnections department. There and after the standard 20' waiting time I was told that I accepted a new contract starting today(!!!) and this is it. After a lengthy discussion I asked to cancel my services and be informed whether the correct amount for the second monthly bill has been applied. The virgin representative offered to investigate and call me tomorrow. Given it ws the third time I heard that in thelast 3 days with no result I did not accept. I said it had to be sorted the otherwise the cancellation had to go ahead. After a lot back and forth (as expected) ot was clear that nothing could be done - neither a confirmation of my original contract nor that the random new contract would be disapplied nor that the phone line will be installed nor the amount of the monthly plan would be updated to the correct aggreed amount nor that my current billwas corrected. Really disappointed I went ahead with the cancellation and asked for confirmation that the correct amount and no disconnecting fee would be applied - the response was that they do not know and do not know when I can be informed.

Thelevel of customer service I have experienced in the last 2 months is completely unacceptable and absolutely shocking. I have no issue with the quality of the broadband / tv (was stillwaiting for the phone) but it is unheard to have to call constantly to speak to so many people (most of which always claim I have no idea what I have signed up for) in order to actually try to pay what I have always accepted.

I still have no idea of what I will be charged and on what grounds and I am really looking for some help on this.

Thanks

Thomas
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP - Phone Capacity issue, wrong bills,hours on calls with virgin...

HI Thomas

I am so sorry to learn about the level of service you've received since joining us, it's really not the service we want for you.

Due to the nature of the issues you're experiencing, we'd need to clear security in order to discuss this in more detail. To do that, you can give the team another call, or visit www.VirginMedia.com/ContactUs/ and select the 'Something else' option at the bottom.

I can't apologise enough for the service you've experienced, I really hope our teams are able to correct your billing amount and get your phone line installed.

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Thomasath
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Craig,

Thank you for your reply. I am afraid though that I do not have the time nor the patience to call again and try to get this sorted. I have been on the phone more than 4 hours in total in the last 3 days and in all honesty I have had enough (this is excluding the other calls every month since November in order to correct something every time).

I am just looking for a way for someone to confirm (in writing) that my bill for the last month is correct / has been updated, my final bill will be correct and I will not be charged a disconnection fee. I am serioisly worried that I will get a wrong final bill and as I am not willing (and will not) pay hundreds and hundreds of pounds I will seriously consider asking for legal advice then.

I am happy to provide answers to any security questions but I just cannot be on the phone for hours again speaking to one after the other with most of the people claiming that I am wrong until someone (after hours) finally gets to the bottom of it (and then nothing happens again...)

Grateful if you (or someone else) can provide some advice - appreciate that my response is not the best but I am just fed up.

Many thanks again your response.

Thanks

Thomas

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thomas

I'd love to be able to help you but as we're not able to clear security via the Community, I'm not able to assist.

As mentioned, you can contact us by phone or by visiting the Contact Us page and writing to us.

I'm sorry again for the level of service you've received.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos