Menu
Trevor66
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HELP.....No dial tone on landline and engaged tone when people call it

Firstly, I'm not actually a VM user but my 88 year old aunt is and she is suffering this problem at the moment. It is not an equipment issue as there are two separate phones connected and neither of them have a dial tone.  VM confirmed that they can see that there is a line fault.

The main problem here is that she lives alone and is therefore rather more dependent on her phone than most....especially as she has some health issues. I have spoken at length to VM customer service and the absolute best engineer appointment I can get is for 5th December....a 10 day wait counting today. This despite all my best arguments regarding the inherent danger of leaving an old lady incommunicado for so long.

There surely has to be a pecking order for such situations, especially when there is probably a relatively simple fix involved.....??

Any help appreciated

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP.....No dial tone on landline and engaged tone when people call it

Hi there Trevor66,

Many thanks for letting us know about this and I'm sorry to hear about the fault experienced with your aunt's landline service with us.

I'd like to have a look at this for you and have sent you a private message so that we can talk some more.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP.....No dial tone on landline and engaged tone when people call it

Hi Trevor66

Nat isn't in at the moment so I hope you don't mind me getting back to you in her absence.

I've run some tests on the line and we're detecting some errors from our end at the moment. I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. Apologies again for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos